Grilled antipasto sandwich
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 1/2 pound provolone, cut into 3-inch sticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large baguette
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 pound marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- Preheat grill or grill pan and brush with olive oil.
- Roll three of the provolone sticks tightly up in each piece of proscuitto. Repeat with the remaining proscuitto and cheese and then slice each roll into three pieces. Slide the proscuitto rolls onto two or three skewers and brush with olive oil.
- Slice the baguette in half lengthwise and brush with olive oil. Place on the grill and cook until toasted, about five minutes. Rub the garlic over the inside of the bread and top one side with artichokes and red peppers.
- Grill the prosciutto/cheese skewers until the cheese is melted, about five minutes. Remove the rolls from the skewers and place them on the bread. Place the other piece of the baguette on top of the prosciutto/cheese rolls, slice into four pieces and serve.